Kitchen Associate (Flow Wrap)
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with over 500 employees, 4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer with active operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Michigan and Washington. Focusing on excellence, people, integrity, and courage, 4Front is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
The Kitchen Associate is responsible for supporting and assisting the Kitchen Supervisor(s) and Manager in all aspects of cannabis production and preparation within the department. This position will be responsible for manufacturing large scale batches of high-quality edible products that are infused with cannabis. Priorities include proper preparation and execution of recipes, product packaging, and maintaining all kitchen supplies and equipment cleaned and sanitized.
*NOTE: The facility contains confined spaces that may only be accessible by ascending/descending stairwells while traveling throughout building. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary Range: $17-20 an hour
- Follow all procedures according to local and state regulations and company policies
- Maintaining operational excellence at all workstations/areas
- Ensure that all safety protocols and procedures are followed
- Perform all opening and closing duties as required/assigned
- Adapt to all changes in business needs and product flow
- Promote a respectful work environment in daily actions with fellow employees and job tasks as the #1 priority
- Follow reasonable instructions from leadership team showing flexibility with all delegated tasks
- Contribute to the team morale by ensuring the highest level of engagement is consistently applied
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Adhere to industry standards and waste disposal procedures set forth by regulatory agencies
- Prepare a wide variety of edibles including topicals and tinctures
- Prepare bulk recipes properly scaling and mixing ingredients according to standard recipes
- Utilize various machinery equipment including electric mixers and other industrial kitchen tools and equipment
- Follow proper storage procedures as specified by the Health Department and company guidelines
- Complete all defined product lists following production deadlines and maintaining efficiency and productivity
- Monitor levels and quality of all product in the department including non-medicated goods and raw materials
- Assist with packaging and labeling of produced goods
- Ensure all kitchen areas, equipment, and tools including floors, walls, worktables, refrigerators, prep surfaces, pots, pans, and trays are kept clean, sanitized, and organized
- Assist in other duties as assigned to ensure the team, department, and company division maintain success
- Kitchen / Food Preparation Experience, 1+ years (preferred)
- Production / Manufacturing Experience, 1+ years (preferred)
- Cannabis Industry Experience (preferred)
- Basic Math, Organizational, and Computer Skills
- Dispensing Organization Agent Identification Card (able to obtain)
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- 80-90% employer paid benefits. Life, dental, health, vision
- Paid Time Off/Sick Time
4Front specializes in large-scale, highly automated, high-speed processing, production & packaging of cannabis consumer packaged goods for the regulated cannabis market in CA. 4Front’s CA campus is one of the largest licensed cannabis processing facilities in the world, not just California. Located in Commerce, CA our facility is centrally placed in Southern California to service the world’s largest recreational cannabis market. We are seeking talented, determined, and driven candidates to join our growing team.
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.