Kitchen Supervisor (Cook Operator)
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with over 500 employees, 4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer with active operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Michigan and Washington. Focusing on excellence, people, integrity, and courage, 4Front is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
The Kitchen Supervisor collaborates with the Kitchen Manager to ensure all the daily tasks of the department get properly executed. This position requires a leader that has experience with large scale batches of food preparation using industrial confection cooking lines. Priorities include providing full support to the team including assistance with rest/lunch breaks and execution of all department processes. The Kitchen Supervisor will serve as the point of contact of all departmental staff (while working) and must collaborate with the Kitchen Manager to ensure all employee needs are handled proactively while helping maintain high team morale.
*NOTE: The facility contains confined spaces that may only be accessible by ascending/descending stairwells while traveling throughout building. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary Range: $22-27 an hour.
- Implement and supervise all company and facility policies and procedures
- Assist with all training needs of the department’s staff
- Ensure the team supports all financial and operational goals of the department
- Delegate and coach the team while maintaining a hands-on “lead by example” approach
- Ensure all areas, stations and processes of the department comply with all local and state regulations
- Ensure that all safety protocols and procedures are followed by all employees and visitors
- Prepare a variety of edibles by prepping bulk ingredients and operating industrial confection cooking line
- Adapt and support all changes in business needs and product flow
- Promote a respectful work environment in daily actions with all employees and job tasks as the #1 priority
- Follow reasonable instructions from leadership team showing flexibility with all delegated tasks
- Understand how to operate all components of kitchen line machinery
- Ensure all products are high quality, including proper dosing, and troubleshoot any quality problems on equipment
- Monitor all kitchen equipment ensuring any required maintenance gets promptly scheduled and executed
- Utilize various machinery including large-scale industrial cooking, depositing, wrapping, and boxing line
- Work directly with consultants and technical specialists to troubleshoot issues with machinery and equipment
- Update tracking sheets and record testing dates/label information in our compliance software program
- Conduct monthly audits of raw and prepared cannabis infused and non-medicated products
- Assist in other duties as assigned to ensure the team, department, and company division maintain success
- Kitchen / Food Preparation Experience, 2+ years (required)
- Large-Scale Candy Manufacturing / Production Experience, 2+ years (required)
- Supervisor Experience, 1+ years (preferred)
- Cannabis Industry Experience (preferred)
- Advanced Communication, Math, Organizational, and Computer Skills (required)
- Dispensing Organization Agent Identification Card (able to obtain)
- Associate Degree, Culinary Degree or Industry Training Equivalent (preferred)
- 80-90% employer paid benefits. Life, dental, health, vision
- Paid Time Off/Sick Time
4Front specializes in large-scale, highly automated, high-speed processing, production & packaging of cannabis consumer packaged goods for the regulated cannabis market in CA. 4Front’s CA campus is one of the largest licensed cannabis processing facilities in the world, not just California. Located in Commerce, CA our facility is centrally placed in Southern California to service the world’s largest recreational cannabis market. We are seeking talented, determined, and driven candidates to join our growing team.
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.