Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with over 500 employees, 4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer with active operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Michigan and Washington. Focusing on excellence, people, integrity, and courage, 4Front is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
Illinois Grown Medicine is looking for a Head Grower to manage our large-scale indoor cannabis grow operation in Elk Grove, Illinois. Some duties will include (but not limited to) overseeing and performing all the tasks in the grow such as; cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays. Furthermore, analyzing plant health, maintain yields, and overall performance of each plant and strain.
Our company operates under the highest standards of professionalism. Your goal will be to ensure we satisfy our customers with consistent high-quality, marijuana products.
$55k-$90k depending on experience.
- Proven experience as a grower on a large scale; some management experience required
- Knowledge of the entire cannabis growth cycle and requirements
- Understanding of pest and disease management techniques
- Willingness to continue learning about horticulture and cannabis farming, and stay on top of current and future trends
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Leadership and people management skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Degree in Botany, Biology, Agriculture, horticulture, agronomy or relevant field is a plus (soil science, plant biology, genetics and botany)
- You are at least 21 years of age.
- You have no felony convictions.
- You are willing to participate in an extensive background check.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of grow warehouse.
- Must be able to provide grow resume, pictures and portfolio at interview.
- Oversee cannabis crops and facilities
- At least 3 years grow experience as a Master/Head Grower
- Organize and document the daily process of transplanting, cloning, defoliation and trimming of plants
- Ensure that growth requirements of cannabis plants are consistently met to the highest standard (lighting, soil PH, nutrients, etc.)
- Apply indoor farming methods that increase our yields
- Manage marijuana plants and strains according to the current plant health and status of each room/cultivar.
- Cataloging and analyzing each individual strain from clone to flower to harvesting.
- Cloning and manage vegetation with at least a 90% success rate.
- Mastery of soil, coco, rockwool, aeroponic and other various growing methods, including in-depth knowledge of PH; PPM and EC counts.
- Mastery of Soil growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria and nutrient implementation.
- Working knowledge of soil and hydro as well as understanding temperature and humidity manipulation.
- Expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
- Well researched in new techniques and insight to expand knowledge in nutrient of individual strains, high yield recipes, controlled stress environments to different lighting systems and set ups.
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics.
- Diagnose and resolve plant health issues like mold, mildew or other infestations
- Supervise and coach employees who tend to the plants
- Inspect quality of harvest/yield and overall plant health
- company paid health, vision, dental, life insurance at 80-90%
- generous discount on all product at Mission Dispensaries
- Paid Time Off/Sick Time
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.