Business Specialist - AP/AR
4Front Ventures (CSE: FFNT / OTCQX: FFNTF) is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with active operations in Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Washington, and California. Focusing on Excellence, People, Integrity, and Courage, 4Front Ventures is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience under the Mission Dispensary brand, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
Are you an operations minded individual who enjoys numbers and solving problems? Are you looking for professional growth in an evolving department where you will make a difference to the bottom line? Look no further.
As an experienced Business Specialist - AP/AR, you will focus on collaborating with team members to provide timely payments, maintain clean filing system, and provide accurate reporting to the finance team. Our multi-state organization runs like a small business, with the Business Specialist having full autonomy and ownership over critical tasks such as incorporating month-end close process, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, accruals, prepaids, annual 1099 reporting, preliminary financial preparation, and tax projects.
This position suits a self-starter with initiative, curiosity, and a desire to learn. A successful candidate will be highly motivated and can build professional relationships quickly and naturally. The Business Specialist is expected to be skilled in executing these processes and utilizing the latest technology to analyze different types of revenue and cost components. This position is integral in the overall success of the Accounting team.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Balance intercompany accounts
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Prepare journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations and assist with monthly close process
- Assemble information for the external auditors for the annual audit
- Respond to internal and external information requests
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Issue invoices to customers
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Day-to-day general ledger accounting for multiple entities as assigned
- Assist in preparing and analyzing monthly management reports and financial statements
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries and reports
- Assist in the monthly close process
- Support the annual budget process
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
Minimum Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2-3 years accounting, bookkeeping experience
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office 365
- Strong Excel
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently achieve required deadlines
- Very detail-oriented, but also able to see “big picture.” Ability to think both analytically and creatively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a self-directed capacity to organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Working knowledge utilizing Microsoft Office 365 software suite to prepare and/or supplement financial reporting, forecasts and analysis
- Indoor / office environment
- Repetitive and continuous arm, hand, and eye movement
- Overlapping background conversations
- Long-term sitting at a desk/cubicle in front of a computer (all expected activities)
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
- *NOTE: Must be able to operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, calculator, copy, scanner, and fax machine.
Salary Dependent Upon Experience
We are building a hard-working, diverse team that is excited to be a part of the evolving cannabis industry. Our team values a friendly, vibrant, and enthusiastic workplace. 4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits of working with us include:
Employee Discounts (one of the highest in the industry)
Health, Vision, Dental Benefits (company paid at 80%)
Sick Pay/PTO Accrual
Employee Assistance Program
Casual Work Environment
*NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.