Human Resources Business Partner - IL
4Front Ventures (CSE: FFNT / OTCQX: FFNTF) is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with active operations in Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Washington, and California. Focusing on Excellence, People, Integrity, and Courage, 4Front Ventures is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience under the Mission Dispensary brand, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
The HR Business Partner will lead all people strategy initiatives to ensure our business successfully moves forward. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure HR execution and performance in all areas of HR processes and programs to include the implementation of talent programs, engagement/retention, career pathing, employee relations, and performance management initiatives.
The HRBP will be hands-on for our retail, cultivation, production, and manufacturing sites located in Chicago, Elk Grove Village, Matteson, and one retail site in Ann Arbor, MI. The HRBP will have daily, direct interaction and communication with employees and management. A successful candidate will be highly motivated and can build professional relationships quickly and naturally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- HR Planning and Management:
- Create, lead, and execute HR initiatives that are in-line with business objectives to include: talent attraction, retention, development & training, engagement, succession planning, performance management, legal/regulatory compliance, compensation, policies & procedures, SOP’s, etc.
- Identify new opportunities for HR to add value to the business
- Responsible for staying informed on external trends within the industry
- Total Rewards and Value Proposition strategies
- Workforce Planning and Talent Management:
- Lead succession planning discussion and provide sound insight of skill gap analysis
- Maximize coaching, feedback, and performance systems
- Partner closely with site managers to support employee relations and performance management
- Drive execution of employee performance programs to maximize workforce productivity
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Build positive working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Advise leadership through data analysis and reporting solutions based on business needs
- Program Execution and Employee Support:
- Respond rapidly and independently to requests, develop, and implement creative solutions, and follow through to ensure resolution
- Proactively investigate workplace concerns
- Provide expert advice and coaching to employees when appropriate
- Understand and solicit employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns
- Maintain employee visibility through site visits and employee interaction
- Department Management:
- Drive HR budget planning, cost analysis and reporting
- Coach and mentor HR support team
- Conduct internal investigations pertaining to personnel and performance concerns
- Assess staffing optimization and human capital needs
- Partner with management on high-risk separations of employment
- Compensation planning. Manage wage adjustments, position changes, etc.
Minimum Experience Required
- PHR / SHRM-CP
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Human Resources, Business Administration, or experience equivalent
- 3+ years progressive HR experience with working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel weekly to site locations
- IL State employment law specifics
- Willingness and proven ability to handle tactical duties as well as focus on strategy
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently achieve required deadlines
- Very detail-oriented, but also able to see “big picture.” Ability to think both analytically and creatively
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge utilizing Microsoft Office 365 software suite
- Employee Relations
- Manufacturing, Retail
- Strong Excel, PPT
- Salary - Dependent Upon Experience
- Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Floating Holidays
- Casual Work Environment, Flexible Work Schedule
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily will work indoors at a cultivation and production facility and on occasion be required to wear personal protective equipment. While in the retail locations, there may be interactions with clients from the public.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, calculator, copy, continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several hours
- Ability to wear PPE as required to host facility tours
- Travel to/from meetings and to various locations
- NOTE: This job description may not be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
*NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.