4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer. As advocates and pioneers who have helped set the tone for what this industry becomes, we’re building a responsible, values-based and people-focused company that informs regulation through practice, ensures access to cannabis through service, and provides value through job creation and community engagement.
4Front currently owns, operates or manages cultivation and production facilities and retail facilities across 5 states with headquarters in Arizona. We operate one of the largest cannabis-product manufacturing facilities in the world where it produces some of its top-selling brands. On the retail side, 4Front believes it has invested heavily in building a scalable and customer-centric retail model, including best-in-class training and support.
From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain. As we grow, we will always look for ways to use our platform to replace prohibition with opportunity. We see that as a noble calling. It’s worth working hard to accomplish it.
The Accounting Specialist’s responsibilities include active ownership in multiple clients’ accounts incorporating month-end close process, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, accruals, prepaids, annual 1099 reporting, preliminary financial preparation, and tax projects. The Accounting Specialist an integral part of the accounting team and helps to ensure that the month-end close process is as efficient and effective as possible.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Balance intercompany accounts
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Prepare journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations and assist with monthly close process
- Assemble information for the external auditors for the annual audit
- Respond to internal and external information requests
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Issue invoices to customers
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Day-to-day general ledger accounting for multiple entities as assigned
- Assist in preparing and analyzing monthly management reports and financial statements
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries and reports
- Assist in the monthly close process
- Support the annual budget process
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily will work indoors in an office setting. The employee is required to wear personal protective equipment under appropriate circumstances. Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting preferred
- Bookkeeping accounting experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience in all aspects of accounting and financial reporting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of adapting quickly to changes in targets within an evolving and growing office setting
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting to achieve daily and monthly goals
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and theories
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and concentrate on detailed information
- Ability to communicate successfully with people at all levels within the company
- *NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000/yr (non-exempt)
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.